07 October 2005

Former friends

I started thinking about former friends the other day.

There are so many people I stopped keeping in touch with for various reasons.
Some of them I really dont have any good reasons for dropping the contact..
others.. hm, lets just say I have my reasons

There is this one dude.. I was supportive, a good friend, or so he said. He asked me to help him. He asked me for advice. And he asked me to be honest. When I was honest with him, in order to help him, he turned against me and told me to butt off out of his life and to stop intruding in peoples privacy. After he asked me to do just that. One can say I was a tad disapointed. I didnt tell him what he wanted to hear, and he didnt apreciate it.

I also had a friend who said she could be understanding when it came to my anxiety
Im not very hard troubled, but I did get some panic attacks
I used to cut myself before I got to know here but I managed to get hold of that. I started cutting myself after I got to know her again, after a very dificult time.. Later I was told she said I was just copy-cat, since she was cutting herself as well, and I just cut myself to get attention.
She told me I could talk to her about my anxiety. And when I did, all I heard what "and how do you think I've felt" etc.. like "what the heck are you complaining about, I have much more problems than you"..
that hurt

Of course she has more problems, she has bigger anxiety, she is BORN with it, and mine WILL go away in time.. but I was never told we had a competition. I just needed to tell someone about my problems, someone that would truly understand the illogical ways of anxiety, and whom better to talk to than someone else with the problem.. but I got the feeling I should shut up with my tiny blister of a problem...
The top of the iceberg was when I got to hear through others that she said I was just copying her to get attention with the cutting part.. like.. I told her I used to cut myself when I left my first boyfriend and got toghether with my second one.. she didnt know me by then

After this, I have had a hard time trusting people who say "you can always talk to me"
How can I after this?

several others I have just dropped contact with since they show no interrest in keeping in contact with me themselves.. I dont want to be the only one working with the friendship....

gah, this makes me depressed. Its friday, I am going to enjoy it now!

No comments: