11 July 2006

WHAT a mess!

Last week someone tried to steal my BMW that is parked for the past 2 years in front of where I live. I live in a flat, so there are kinda other cars there as well. But this one hasnt moved in 2 years, of course it's tempting to try to steal.

They have tried really hard actually ..

But back to last week. One of my neighbours saw some kids come driving up to the BMW, parking on each side, and they had loads of cans in the back seat. Remembering a note in the newspaper about ppl loosing gas on their parked cars in the area, he decided to take the lisencenumbers and went out. He stayed in his garage tampering with some car-fixing when they came back, and they started crawling around in their own cars AND mine. When they atatched a wire to my car in order to towe it off, he went out asking if they had been given the car.

They tried to talk it away, but he asked again, and all of a sudden it was like "man look at the time" and off they went without cars.
After about 20 mins they were back, releasing all wires and leaving in a rush. Without my BMW.

Fuck I thought, I had just got a promise from a friend about fixing it up, and I didnt want it to be stolen NOW. So I called my rentingcompany, asking them for a second garage. I got that today, closer to my flat, so I moved my new car there. Then we were to towe the BMW over to the other garage.

No fucking way. The car didnt move an inch! We tried everything. Nothing helped.. I thought perhaps the breaks had rusted tight, but when we liftet one side, we saw the back wheels actually moved about an inch back an forth. When we pushed the breaks or used the hand break the weel didnt move anything at all.

So, something in the rear whateveritscalled-goingbetweentheweels back there ( I have NO clue about car-terms for parts etc in english) is broken. The car wont move until we lift the entire butt.

SO, the kids would have had to go to GREAT trouble to steal that BMW!
No way they have access to car-lifting-equipment, just to snatch ONE simple car ;D

But what we also saw when we struggeled.. they had broken both locks in front. And the keyhole to start the engin was broken in order to try to jumstart it. They had tried to start it with another car, battery and cables. They had even charged the battery for us in hope it would start! Tomorrow Ill bring the keys and lock the trunker, then the entire car is locked again. For some time..

Anyway, the car wont move. Ive ordered a garage for it, and I cant get it in there.. what a mess ;D But, as soon as some friends of mine come up here, they'll have a look under there and determin if there is something to do about that. If there is something to do, we'll do it and get it into the garage, and then try to determin how much damage actually have been done to it. If it wont be TOO much work, and not too many parts missing, we might try to put it back to shape anyway. We'll see, time will show! until then, its staying right were it is, and not moving an inch!;D

No comments: